Latest News & Events
- Familiarization Tour from South Korea
- GVB welcomed nearly 50 travel trade representatives from Korea who were on island for the first familiarization tour since the pandemic began. The fam tour was composed of various travel trade partners that included airline representatives, media, travel agents and social media influencers.
- Resumption of direct flight services from Korea
- Jeju Air, Air Busan, Asiana Airlines and Air Seoul all plan to open up regular routes to Guam before the end of the year.
- #InstaGuam contest returns with weekly giveaways
- Promote Guam as an instant destination while encouraging local residents to create their own story-driven content through the power of social media.
- #InstaGuam hashtag has grown to over 210k posts over the past three years since the original campaign launched in 2018
- GVB approves $1 million plan to provide free COVID-19 testing for thousands of tourists
- Plan allows GVB to remain competitive with other destinations
- The incentive allows visitors to spend money on other things while on Guam, helping the local businesses around the island who have been struggling during the pandemic
- October 2021: 5,130 arrivals; 296% increase compared to October 2020 arrivals of 1,293
- Calendar Year-to-date comparison show -81.5% from 2020 to 2021
- January – October 2021: 59,724
- January – October 2020: 322,453
For more information, visit:
Avis Rent A Car
Avis Rent A Car has been operating in Guam for more than 25 years. Starting with a small number of vehicles and working out of a modular office building in Tumon, we have expanded our fleet to over 150 cars with additional locations at the Guam International Airport as well as the Saipan and Tinian Airports.
Our philosophy 'We try harder' is focused on continuous improvements in the quality and service that we provide to our customers. As a result, Avis has been recognized as Guam’s Leading Car Rental Company by World Travels Awards. We are proud to have achieved this honor for five consecutive years.
In our fight against the Covid-19 pandemic, we have implemented new protocols and procedures in our daily operations to prepare for the reopening of tourism. Our staff are fully vaccinated, and we adhere to all health and hygiene standards, including the mandatory use of masks and social distancing. We also have safety measures in place throughout the rental process. Every location is equipped with counter screens, temperature as well as sanitization machines. In addition, all our vehicles are thoroughly cleaned prior to every rental using approved disinfectants. We even put extra focus on highly touched areas such as steering wheels, indicators, dashboard, hand grips, in-car controls, cupholder, center consoles and door handles.
Avis is certified and in compliance with the standards set forth by Guam Safe Certified and the World Travel and Tourism Council Safe Travels program.
On July 1, 2021, Avis merged with Budget and Payless Car Rental to further enhance its market segment and provide more value to customers. We now have more than 250 vehicles in the Micronesian region with offices in Guam, Saipan, Rota, Tinian and Palau.