Visitor Arrivals & Year In Review
Social Media Campaign – Hashtag marketing along with friendly challenges to promote positivity during this time of COVID-19
- #LivingPristine Campaign – With zero tourist and boarders closed, we seized the opportunity to showcase our unique and beautiful island. “Kaiuecharou” is a Palauan word that means respecting each other in sharing ideas toward a common goal or purpose.
Video Series – to promote and showcase striving restaurants. Providing promotion within our local market and community.
Alii! Mei e Domengur “Come, Let’s Eat” Video Series on Youtube
- Yokohoma Restaurant – believed to be the oldest operating restaurant to date.
- Side Street Café – Local Favorite hot spot for students to meet and share notes and cool down with their famous milkshakes.
- Okemii Restaurant – Located in the Capitol state of Melekeok, get way spot to enjoy the ocean breeze and local favorite dishes.
- Peleliu State – World War II Relics with Local favorite and Historian Tangy Hesus with sightseeing at other historical sites and Local accommodation.
- Kayangel – Kick off PVA Ocean 16 Cleanup.
- Angaur State – A glimpse of Angaur! Path less travelled.
- Our Earth Video - #OurEarth “Plant today for your tomorrow”
- Beautiful Destinations Content
Recognitions & News
- New Administration - The office of the President of the Republic of Palau, Honorable Surangel Whipps Jr.
- Lonely Planet Best in Travel 2021 Recipient – Pristine Paradise. Palau “ Best Sustainable Island”
- 2019 PATA Gold Award for Community Based Tourism Recipient
- Palau Listed as one of the five Family Travel Countries – National Geographic
- Oka Midori, Japanese renowned Enka Singer first time in Palau.
Tradeshow & Events
- January 2020 – KONQER Palau
- February 2020 – Chicago & Denver Travel & Adventure Show (Back to Back)
- March 2020- Present; Boarders are closed to international flights and leisure traveling.
Agency Workforce & Collaboration – Driving force to revive and prepare the Tourism Industry before boarder reopening.
- Created the “Safe for You” Seal for the Pandemic Safety Certification for Tourism
- Pandemic Safety Certification Guidelines for Tourism established.
- Launch the Pandemic Safety Certification Training Program. Created by the Bureau of Tourism and its partners to certify tourism-related business in the Republic of Palau.
- “Alii Pass” – Mobile app to promote Cashless transactions between visitors and local establishments.